Monday, September 10, 2012

Thanks Be To God


I'm not feeling too good today, I finally caught the fever bug that's going around here so I'm sorry if this email is kind of lame, but I will try my best to tell you all about how great this past week has been for me!
My last zone conference

Sis Graff, me, Brother and Sister Adams













First off, a few weeks ago I had my last Zone Conference as a missionary, which is always a depressing time... No one wants to get up their and bear their testimony because then it makes a reality that you really are an old timer in the mission and have to go home soon... Anyway, zc was all about the Book of Mormon and how we really need to gain a deeper testimony of it and testify about it to all those that we meet. So Sister Graff and I have really taken the initiative to read the Book of Mormon all the way through by the end of the transfer. It's been quite the task, but I have loved every minute of it. I've noticed that since I've made this concentrated effort to really read from it, I feel the spirit so much more, I'm happier, and most of all I feel like I have so much more gratitude. So much so that words cannot even express to you how thankful I feel to be serving and to be in this area. There's a great scripture in Mosiah 4:19-20 that talk exactly about how I'm feeling. You should read it. Ah I just love it! The Book of Mormon has strengthened me through the challenges that have come from serving in a very affluent area.

This week we were able to meet with Ola, our sweet investigator from Africa who is a NICU Dr. We had the most amazing lesson with him and he is now getting baptized in November. Even though I secretly hope it's before I leave, I'm Ok with whenever, just as long as he is getting baptized. That's all that's important! Then, last night- after we had been out all day and hadn't had any success, we met with Missy (the lady we found last week) and we taught her about how the gospel has been restored to the earth and shared more with her about the Book of Mormon. Missy has just been so prepared for the gospel. She already has a solid testimony of the power of prayer and a love for Jesus Christ. The spirit was so powerful, especially as Sister Graff and I sang, "I Believe in Christ" before we left. We love singing for people. It's such a great way to bring the spirit quickly. We were also able to meet with another lady this week, Wesley... we just knocked on her door and she stepped outside and was more than happy to talk to us. She told us about how she belongs to the Catholic church but doesn't really agree with everything and doesn't know what to teach her daughter. It was so neat because we had a member from our ward with us, and she was able to help Wesley see how the church has strengthened her family and her children. I love the members! They really are so great, and we cannot do this work without them!  
Kansas City Temple
So even though all those things I just wrote about were amazing, the most amazing event of this entire week was Saturday-

Saturday, Sister Graff and I were able to go to the KANSAS CITY TEMPLE!!!!!! We actually got to go inside to do a session. It has been over a year since the last time I went inside a temple. Once again, words cannot express the joy, love, peace, happiness, and gratitude I felt as she and I sat in the celestial room. We stayed in there for probably a good hour just feeling the spirit, reading the scriptures, and pouring out our hearts to the Lord for allowing us to be there. Such a tender mercy after all the challenges we've been facing these past couple weeks. Well, it gets better. After we left the celestial room, a worker in the temple came up to us and asked if we would help with some sealings.. so of course we said yes. So we walk in the doors, and low and behold, the sealer was a man from Independence 3rd ward (where sis Graff and I have both served) so he knew our names and welcomed us into the room. Then, I looked around and the couple who were doing the sealings were the Cashins! A family I served around in Platte City. It was just too good to be true!!!!!! There is no coincidence though, I knew we were supposed to be there. Needless to say, that was a very, very special experience for me to be able to be apart of that. After we finished the sealings, we went to the baptistry where we met my sweet little recent convert, Beth. I felt like a proud mom again, as I watched her be baptized for those who have passed on. One of the workers that was helping us in the baptistry was from the Dominican Republic and so it reminded me of Fausto and all the cool experiences I had in Indy 3rd ward. I love that culture and those people so much! Then as we were walking back to change, we ran into one of the temple matron assistants and she allowed us to see the bride's room! It was so BEAUTIFUL! Sister Graff and I felt like little girls, we were so excited to see it haha. It was just such a sweet, tender experience all around. We got to spend a good 5 hours inside the temple and it couldn't have been any better. When we finished at the temple, we were able to go to lunch with Beth and just sit and talk. I just love her so much! I can't wait for all of you to meet her.
Beth and I in front of the Temple

Sister Graff, me and sweet Beth!
Life is good, life is great, and it's even better when you're a missionary! Love your guts!

Love, Hermana Conrow :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena