Tuesday, July 12, 2011

3 Weeks!


Crazy how time flies, but at the same time, is slower than molasses...

I really do not have much time at all today, there is always so much that needs to be done on P-day but I'm working harder than ever.
Sunday was my first baptism! It was soooooo awesome. Tina is amazing, her husband was able to baptize her and he was just balling like a little baby. It was the most spiritual thing in the world, he is such a good husband and just treats her so well. The work here is still going good as ever. The Lord has placed so many people in our lives, literally.

We went to church on Sunday and a non member was there with her friends and came up to us and said, I took the discussions years ago but my parents wouldn't let me get baptized, but now I'm 18 and want to be baptized, when can I take the lessons? Me and Sister Loo were like, "whaaaa? uh right now!" ha ha. It was awesome. The Lord is seriously just preparing people left and right for us. My district leaders came up to me the other day and said, "Sister Conrow, don't get used to this because this is just straight up out of the ordinary, what are you doing to have this happen to you?" Ha ha, I just laughed and said, the Lord just loves me more.. ha ha ha teasing of course. I really don't know what my comp and I are doing to deserve all these miracles and blessings, but it's awesome.

Missouri is a wretched place sometimes. The weather is horrible. I don't know why I even bother trying to do my hair, it's a constant fro! Seriously...We also have spiders in our apartment like there's no tomorrow and they love to greet me in the morning when I'm about to take a shower, and it's always me who runs into them, never Sister Loo which is probably a good thing because she cannot stand them.. So I muster up the strength to squash them hoping their guts don't explode in my face because they are so massive.. I feel like I'm in Montana again... hello brown recluse. The first day I got here there was the most massive spider on our wall, our shoe was barely big enough to kill it.. Don't worry we have a recording of how gross it was.. 

Lets see... so much goes on that I don't even know what to write about anymore, all my weeks and days are blended and I can't remember what I ever write about.. We have another baptism planned for Saturday for Derek, our rock star investigator who dropped smoking and everything and has just completely turned his life around. We started teaching this awesome family from Mississippi that has 4 kids and they are just the most lovable people. They are so receptive to the Gospel and love what it has to offer for them and for their family. Gosh, I am just so blessed to be in an area with such humble people that love the Lord and are willing to listen to his messengers. 

The Polynesian ward is starting to get a little better and my fear of hugging and kissing everyone is starting to dissipate... crazy I know.. I find myself not even caring anymore and I'll kiss all the sisters on the cheek, don't worry I don't kiss the boys.. Boys are yucky. ha ha. The mission is having so much success. I have the most amazing sisters, zone leaders, district leaders, mission president, and senior couples. They totally take care of us and treat us like royalty. I am so blessed. I love this Gospel and I invite everyone to gain a greater love for it by not being selfish and teaching everyone about Heavenly Fathers plan for us and about our Savior Jesus Christ. 

I love you all!!!!! Thank you for all that you do for me. I promise I will catch up on my letter writing one day.. there is just not enough hours in the day.



Love, Sister Conrow  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena