Monday, January 30, 2012

Middle Eastern Joys!....


Ah man, this last week has just been..... really long. I'll be honest. Ha ha, but- it's been full of spiritual experiences that I have loved!
 
So first off, I stinkin' love Sister Edwards. She is hi-larious!!!!! Every morning I am dying laughing at all her funny comments. I feel like I'm living at home. It's so great. Wouldn't have it any other way. I don't have a whole lot of time to write this week because a member is waiting for us because we don't have a car. So really quick, I will share with you a really interesting experience that I had with a girl named, Medea. (Straight from Pakistan)
 
So we go over to this part member family's home and Medea is there and can hardly speak any English. She was super hesitant to speak English with us at all. She was embarrassed that she couldn't speak well and so I tried telling her I knew how she felt because I was trying to learn Spanish and couldn't say anything. After that she opened up to us so it was really neat. She even showed us her Curran, or however you spell that, and did the whole ritual and everything. For a brief moment, I wondered if I was back in the middle east. Ha ha, needless to say, she really loved talking with us, and supposedly we were the first people she had talked to since she had moved from Pakistan last year. Her husband is a convert from the Muslim faith, and hasn't come too often, so we told Medea that we would come over every week and teach her English. Man, I've never heard anyone say such a cute thank you in my life. Ha she was just thrilled to pieces that we were so willing to help her. While we were there she offered us her Pakistani food, and so we graciously accepted. However, my stomach did not graciously accept it that night, let's just say... Ha ha. Hopefully, while we teach her English, we can also teach her about her Savior, Jesus Christ. (And my stomach will become a little stronger).
 
Well, I'm super super super excited about the temple. Everyday we get a little bit closer to the open house. Sister Stoker is still a killer missionary and she teaches me something new everyday. We have the best chats every night, and somehow everything we talk about the night before, always seems to come up in questions from lessons we have the next day. The spirit is a glorious thing. I'm working really hard on my Spanish. I still have a lot of work to do but I love it. The branch we serve in part time is amazing. Their branch President is my hero, as well as the Bishop of the other ward we serve in. Gosh, I just love it here, and I love being a missionary. I know this is the Lord's work, because if it wasn't, I wouldn't be here. And that is my testimony to you! Fight the good fight!
 
Love, Hermana Conrow :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena