Monday, February 6, 2012

Es el fin del mundo! (joking)


Hola mi familia!

Sister Stoker & Sister Conrow
(So, the title says, It's the end of the world! sister Stoker and I thought it would be funny if we walked up and down the streets saying that- I'm sure people would want to listen to us then, right?? Ha ha joking) I hope all of you are doing well! I miss you lots, but loving the mission, even with the hard times :)

I have been trying to think of an awesome story that has happened last week, but the only thing I could think of were all the many thoughts I had as we walked for hours and hours in the sunshine and the rain. This week I have really grown to appreciate all the pioneers went through, and I've also seen what an amazing companion I have. Through her silent example of endurance and positive attitude, I've realized I have a lot of work to do. Ha ha. As we walked and walked and walked, I couldn't help but think of my Savior, and how much He means to me. I thought about all the people in my life that have blessed me with their examples, and I thought about how grateful I am to have the atonement in my life, and how if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even be on my mission. My love for the gospel has grown immensely, and with my 9 month mark fast approaching, I can't help but think about how fast my time is going here, and how I really want to be able to enjoy every precious moment that my Heavenly Father has given me to be here. Even though I have been drained in every aspect, I know I am becoming who the Lord needs me to become to prepare me for future experiences in my life. How grateful I am for my challenges I have been given. 

This week we had interviews with our mission president. Gosh, I just love him to death, he is just the biggest sweetheart. He is so humble, patient, and full of love. When he prayed before we started our interview, I cried. That's how in tune with the spirit he is. Anywho- during interviews we talked about the temple open house and he told me that because Sister Stoker and I are so close to the temple and we don't have an obligation to the Visitors Center, we'll be able to go often to help out at the open house. Man, I was so stoked to hear that. I honestly cannot wait. I keep praying that I'll get to shake the prophets hand. That is like my school girl dream. I feel so so so so blessed to be here at this time. I know that it isn't coincidence. I cannot wait to step inside those sacred walls and to feel more fully the presence of my Savior. President also told me to be patient with our area. I guess it takes longer than 3 weeks for an area to get going when you come into it with absolutely nothing to go off of. I'm so grateful for the ward though, they are helping us sooooo much, and the Edwards are just peaches and cream. For real. They are the sweetest, funniest things.

Saturday night, I was having a bit of a rough night, so Sister Edwards says she's going to the store and comes back. When she comes down the stairs she says, "So I know I always bake you something when you have a bad day, so this time I decided to buy you these little flowers to brighten up your day." Ha it was the cutest thing ever. It's to the point now where I just call her mom- ha she is so great. And she loves us! Even better! Ha ha.

Well, I better get going, but I love all of you so much. My Spanish is still coming along, slowly but surely. I'm getting pretty good at understanding what I read, but still working on speaking it. I love being here in Platte City, it really is so awesome! I feel like I'm home. I'm hoping I stay here until summer. That would be sweet! I hope all of you are doing well- stay strong!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Conrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena