Monday, April 16, 2012

The Power Of The Spirit


Kansas City Temple


Hello everyone!
Sorry, my time is short. The temple open house is going swell. It's keeping us on our feet and super busy!
 
Our sweet Beth is getting baptized May 1st! We are so so so excited for her. She'll be able to go to the temple dedication!
 
Saturday I had a man ask me why we would spend millions of dollars on building a temple instead of giving that money to the poor and saving them from poverty...
My reply was this:
 "That money comes from members of the church and that building is completely paid for. We have many programs to help those all over the world with such poverty. And besides, we need more than to save temporally, we must save spiritually as well and it is inside those sacred walls of the temple that those saving ordinances of salvation take place." He was pretty speechless after that. And I was too. I had never thought of it that way before and I knew it was the spirit of the Lord speaking through me. It was a very neat, and special experience and I will never forget that. I love the temple. I know without a doubt that it is the House of the Lord. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me and answers the pleading prayers of a simple sister in the big Missouri Independence Mission. 
I love you all. 
La iglesia de jesucristo es verdadero.
 
Love, Hermana Conrow :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena