Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Our Spirits


The tender mercies of the Lord are always over His work.
 
Seriously, just when I think things aren't going to look up, the Lord always has His way of showing me to keep the faith. Whether a member prepares a super good dessert, or someone is willing to listen to us- I take it as a precious miracle from above. With time dwindling far too quickly, I have felt myself being very reflective on the lessons that I have learned throughout my mission and the lessons I continue to learn. There is always something each and everyday that the spirit shows me I can improve on. It's wonderful- a little overwhelming sometimes, but I'm grateful. It just shows me how much the Savior loves me and desires for me to become even better.. After all- improvement and progression doesn't happen in one day, it's over a long period of learning and overcoming.
 
Something I have been thinking a lot about lately is the powerful spirit we have as missionaries. I think it's because many of the groups I have taken through the Liberty Jail this week have commented on my special spirit. I've really appreciated it because often times I wonder if I have a strong spirit about me as I share my testimony with each and every group. There truly is such a power and authority that is given to us as representatives of the Savior. I LOVE being able to wear his name on my shoulder. I know I say this often, but I have such a profound gratitude for His name to which I hold. A couple days ago I took this group of 3 business men through the jail- and at the end we were sharing our insights on the revelations that the prophet received- each one of the men had something interesting to offer to the conversation but something one of them said really stood out to me. He said, "Joseph Smith chose to give up his freedom.." And I've been thinking about that a lot because of course all of us have been given our agency, but ultimately the Lord gives us everything. Nothing we do is because of us. The only thing we have to give to the Lord is our will. So I believe that what that man was saying by that comment was that Joseph Smith chose to give his complete will over to the Lord. What a task that is. I have found on my mission that giving our will and trusting in the Lord isn't always an easy thing to do, BUT IT IS ALWAYS WORTH IT. Another man in that group said, "Isn't it interesting that one of the revelations the prophet received was about unrighteous dominion- and here he was, locked up in the most horrible prison man could imagine, under false charges by a man who had exercised unrighteous dominion." I bet that brought the Prophet a lot of peace and comfort knowing that whether in this life or the next, all will receive their just reward according to God. Needless to say, it was a really great presentation. In fact, all of the people I take through are wonderful, and they always seem to have such different perspectives on the situation. It's amazing. I know that the spirit works through them to teach me, even though they think they are there to learn from me. Ha it's funny though because one of the guys from that group asked me at the end how much time I had left, and when I mentioned a few weeks he said with his head down, "I am so sad for you... I will go home and continue to be sad for you." Haha.. I was like, "thank you?" No- I know it won't be easy leaving such a precious place with so many tender experiences, but I do know that I am called for the time allotted unto me and "we neither seek position nor resist release." So I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded me to do- which is continue to preach His gospel for 2 more weeks! :) I'll take it!
 
I love you all. Continue to read the Book of Mormon, pour out your heart to God, and go to church. I promise that as you do these things, you will have a greater measure of the spirit and find more happiness in your life than ever before because this work is TRUE AND EVERLASTING!
 
Love, Hermana Conrow :)       

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena