Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Tremendous Trio


That's right, transfers came and went and I am now in a tremendous trio! Seriously.

My new companions are Sister Ogletree from Dallas, TX (yes, thee Ogletree- sister to Brandon Ogletree -who is famous on the BYU football team) and Sister Jones again! (yes, my sweet little Jonesie that I served with last winter!) Honestly, I love it to death. I was very worried about being in a trio with Sister Jones and a new missionary, Sister Ogletree, but things are working out splendidly! Our house is quite the full house! We have 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with 8 sisters in total living there! But somehow, we have managed and the Lord has provided us a way to all live together in harmony. Haha. It's been so fun having a new missionary around- I forgot how exciting every little detail of missionary work is when you're fresh from the MTC. It has really helped me a lot to remember those feelings, but also to keep going with only 5 weeks left in the field. It's amazing how after we've been out for awhile we can get stuck into a little routine or slack off a little bit.. But with Sister Jones whippin' me into shape again, and Sister Ogletree having me help her memorize the lessons and history, I'm learning all over again, and it's great!

The Lord truly does work in mysterious ways... I feel like with the companions I have now, I am being reminded of what I need to be better at, and I feel as though he's refining me just a little bit more, so I can be that much more polished when I return home. Even though I still feel like I'm in the middle of my mission, I know that time is running short and the Lord expects me to finish strong- which I will. It's also amazing to me how much Satan works on you when you are getting close to the end. He makes you feel like, "You can't do this, you're tired, what's 6 weeks anyway? You don't need to do that, it doesn't matter...." and la-dee-daa... But I will NOT let him win! I want to show my Heavenly Father that I am committed to His work, and that I will not let up or give in, or slow down. I know that as we are obedient, even when it's hard, we are ALWAYS blessed and our testimony is strengthened in the Savior.

This week, before Sister Graff went home, Ola took us and some members out to dinner. It was so much fun! After we finished eating he said, "Everyone, I have something to tell you.." and then he looked at Sister Graff and said, "No Sister Graff, I am not going to say what you think I am going to say- I am NOT getting married.." hahaha. Then he said, "I have decided on December 1st of this year, that is when I will be baptized." Ahh it was like music to our ears.. We have been working with him all transfer to set a date with him, and not because he hasn't wanted to, his schedule of being a NICU Dr has not allowed him to. Anywho, needless to say it was a glorious evening! After he told us the date, I was a little sad that I wouldn't be there, but then he said, "Sisters I want you to be there, you have changed my life and have helped me so much..." and I said, "I will certainly try, but I do not know if my finances will allow it." Then he and our member both looked at me and said, "Sister, do not worry- we will do whatever we can to help you get out here." So now, Sister Graff, Sister Dodd, and I are all planning on somehow flying out to Missouri in December for his baptism. I wouldn't miss it for the world. This man is amazing and I feel so honored to be apart of his conversion story. It was a great ending to Sister Graff's mission, we agreed. Ola was sure to tell her that he did not want her to leave feeling like she did not accomplish something in this area. (Which I think was something we both needed to hear because we have been a little discouraged with the lack of receptive people.) Ola, is just the man! He is so genuine, humble and kind. Something that is common in our friends from Africa. They have such big hearts. I am so excited for him, and excited to continue to work with him.


Time to say goodbye

The rest of this past week was spent saying goodbye to my best friend Sister Graff, picking up my new companions, making things fit into our tiny home, and teaching our current investigators.. I might add that one perk of having Sister Ogletree as our companion is that all the men in our ward who love BYU football, and especially Brandon Ogletree, have made sure their wives have signed up to feed us! Sunday we had a full dinner calendar for the month! Haha, yay for having a somewhat famous companion- who is exceptionally great herself! I'm really excited for this new and last transfer ahead. I know the Lord has great things in store for us- Shoal Creek Valley better be ready!

I love you all very much!

Love, Hermana Conrow :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena