Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Todos Milagros


Although this week has been a slightly crazy one, it's been a good one as well!

This past weekend our entire mission fasted for 24 hours. President Keyes sent out a mass message inviting all of us to participate in this mission wide fast. We fasted to be able to be lead and guided to people each week of this summer who are truly prepared and ready to receive the Restored Gospel. Not only that, but we fasted for people who would progress and desire to be baptized, as well as things that we ourselves needed and things our companionship's needed. IT WAS AMAZING! And it didn't take long to see the fruits of our fast. The very next day every single sister at the VC had some miracle to share with all of us. Sister Sibbett and I were able to actually get to our area (her stomach pains had gone) and we found this guy walking on the street and talked to him about the Gospel. His eyes lit up and he was all, "Ya, I was wondering why there are so many churches on the earth.. I want to know more about your church, where is it?" Ahhh.. it was music to my ears. I felt like a missionary again. It was so good to be about the Lord's work and to testify of the truthfulness of this Gospel. We are meeting with him and his mom and brother tonight. We are pretty excited!

Earlier this week, I was able to go to a different area with a different sister. It was an all Spanish area... I won't lie to you, I was scared to death, but as we approached our first appointment (only Spanish speaking) it was awesome! I couldn't say much at all, but I understood what they were saying to me, and the spirit that I felt as I testified of the Priesthood on the earth again was so powerful! If that's the only reason why I was switched over, was just for that day, I am completely ok with that. We were also able to talk to another man who had been recently married and hadn't gone to church since he was young. We taught him about Christ and about His Gospel and how it was restored through Joseph Smith.. When I started telling him about Joseph Smith's first vision, he leaned in so intently to be sure he didn't miss a word. The spirit was almost palpable, and as I finished, he said, "wow... just wow.." I was thinking that same thing. The sister I was on splits with was pretty excited to go back and teach he and his wife. I love being a missionary! Even if I can't always speak the language, the Lord provides a way!

Ok, also- the Visitor Center is great.. I'm finally starting to re-adjust.. I think. Haha. A couple days ago I took 4 young singles through the VC from Wichita, KS. One of the girls was getting ready to serve her mission in CA and so she was asking me all these questions about what to wear, what to study... all that good missionary stuff.. Long story short- I ended up spending about 3 hours with these people and it was so awesome. I just knew I was supposed to meet them all. 2 of the girls had some pretty rough family experiences and it was really neat to be able to open up to them about my life experiences and to share what I had learned. I really loved spending time with all of them and by the end of our visit, they didn't want to leave. And I didn't want them to leave either. It's crazy what the spirit does and how it draws everyone so much closer together.

Something I've been thinking a lot about this past transfer is ATTITUDE. Honestly, attitude determines destiny. I know that's true. This has been a different kind of transfer for me and I know Heavenly Father is wanting me to learn something through my experiences this past month. With a sick companion, it isn't always easy to do the work, or to stay happy about the situation, but- everything happens for a reason and I think the Lord has been wanting me to learn about the importance of patience, and having a bright attitude. It's like Ether 12:6- that we don't see the miracles until after the trial of our faith. So TRUE! My faith has been tested time and time again, but especially these past couple weeks- and Monday I felt like was the miracle from my faith.. It meant everything to me to finally be able to go out with my companion and to teach in unity. Companions are everything. And I know that I would be lost without one.

How grateful I am for the Lord's tender mercies and his faith and patience with me. I love this work with all my heart. I hope I can continue to be everything that my Heavenly Father needs me to be. I promise that if you don't give up when you're most discourage, our Savior will step in and carry you through. He has done it for me, and I know he can do the same for you. I love you all very, very much!

Love, Hermana Conrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena