Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Mighty Change Of Heart



Fausto's baptism was amazing! It was a little crazy at first because we couldn't get the font to turn off and it was about to overflow, but then one of the Elders jumped in on the side and managed to get it to turn off. Haha. It was quite the evening. Fausto was glowing. He could not stop smiling and so many of the ward members came out to support. It was really neat. His children gave the talks in Spanish and they were so precious. Very simple, but full of love. Sister Sibbett and I sang a musical number for it too and the spirit was just so strong. Fausto really is such a humble guy, so willing to submit to the Lord and to follow the example of the Savior. Gosh, I just love that family. They truly are amazing. After the baptism, Fausto came up to us and shook our hands and with a huge grin on his face and tears in his eyes, he thanked us for all that we had done for him and his family. It just doesn't get any better than that. I love seeing the change that comes into the hearts of those who are prepared and ready to make promises with their Heavenly Father. We are excited to continue to work with Fausto and to prepare him to receive the Priesthood and go to the temple!


On Sunday, as Sis Caudel and I were fasting to know where we could find those souls that are ready to be baptized, one of the members came up to us and said, "Sisters, there is a family from El Salvador that need the gospel. The children are members of the church, but the parents are not. They have been taught numerous times in the past but were never baptized because they had not been married. But now they are married and want to be baptized! In fact, the mom is here right now with one of her sons- let me go introduce you to her!" It was like a dream. I honestly could not believe how quickly the Lord had answered our prayers and fast. It turns out that this family is a family that we've actually been trying to contact this entire transfer and had spoken with one of the daughters who then told her parents that we stopped by.. We had no idea that the two were related because they had different last names. Isn't that just great? Heavenly Father really does love ALL of his children and I know that He is fully aware of each and everyone of us and the things that we stand in need of. The other day Sis Caudel (I was unfortunately sick) was able to go over and teach this family, including the father- who told her that he knew the church was true, he was just afraid of making more mistakes after he is baptized. Which is great, because then she was able to explain to him about how the Atonement works and why church is so important because it is there that we partake of the sacrament and renew those covenants we made at baptism each and every week. Ahh, how cool is that?! So cool. I just love this gospel, I love being a missionary. I truly have felt so much love this past week for my mission, for my companion, and for this sacred opportunity Heavenly Father has given me to represent His Son Jesus Christ. 


I know that even though there will be hard times in our lives, and even though we may feel completely abandoned, our Savior will never leave our side. And if we allow Him to, He can carry our trials and shape us into who He needs us to become. All we must do is TRUST IN HIM. I know that if we can give everything over to Him, we will be truly converted. Just as the Lamanites buried their weapons of war and were converted, they never again did fall. We can be the same way. This week I have made a conscious effort to bury my "weapons of war" or whatever it is that might be holding me back from fully giving myself to this work. As I am doing so, I have felt the hand of the Lord in my life, and have been given the strength to overcome my weaknesses. I know that by doing these things, we will be better prepared for future trials and challenges that come our way. Because if I know the Lord like I think I do, they will come regardless of how I live my life. I love the scripture in Mosiah 7:33 which says, "But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage." I know that is true, I know it's not easy, but with God all things are possible. 

Love, Hermana Conrow :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena