Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Did You Think to Pray?


This week has been special to me in that I feel as though a principle of the gospel has really hit me. And that is, the power of prayer. I mean, I've always known how powerful prayers can be, but I guess I had just never realized the many times that my prayers have been answered.

On Sunday, our Bishop got up and shared a story about this man in another ward who had recently passed away from cancer. He shared with Bishop, before he passed on, about how there were moments during his cancer where he felt complete relief from pain and that the spirit would tell him that it was because of the prayers of others in his behalf. It was just such a powerful story to me. I knew this man he was talking about, he was actually in my first area. Every time he would come to church, he would be sweating profusely because of the amount of pain that he was in, yet he would still come faithfully- when he could- and would even strive to bring others to church with him. Such an amazing testimony he had. Bishop shared another story about how he was having some struggles with his business to the point that he had to work almost 50 hours straight through to solve the problems that were going on. He said he knew that the only way he was able to make it through was because of prayer. I know that is true because I have felt that on my mission. President Keyes once promised us in a zone conference that every time we prayed for strength that the Lord would always answer that prayer. And that it was because we are missionaries doing his work. It was a pretty amazing promise. I have felt that be fulfilled time and time again while serving. 

Yesterday, as Sis Caudel and I were on our way back to the Visitors Center to pick up other sisters at the end of the night, we passed the church parking lot and I looked over really quick, only to see the husband of my first recent convert on the mission. So we turned around and went back to the church parking lot. His car had broken down and he had no phone or any way to get hold of anyone. So we let him use our phone, and in the process I was able to talk to him about his wife Tina, who hasn't been to church for the past couple of months. Later, when I returned home, I realized what a huge answer to my prayers that had been. I had been praying that some missionary would be able to get back into contact with them, and there I was- the missionary who was able to talk to them. Who would have thought that cars breaking down were a blessing from above. Haha. 



Fausto is still doing amazing and ready to be baptized this weekend. His daughters are speaking and are so excited. I love that family so much. Sis Caudel and I were talking about the people that we have been able to see baptized on our missions and I realized how blessed I have been to teach people from all over the world. First Samoa, then Africa, and now the Dominican Republic. It's just so neat to learn about all these different cultures and to be apart of their conversion process. I love this gospel so much. I love waking up knowing that for another day, I get to be a missionary and representative for my Savior Jesus Christ. What a blessing!











This work is true! I promise you that if you take the time to pray and have a real conversation with your Heavenly Father, He will answer your prayers and in the process you will create a relationship with Him that will carry you through all things. I know that is true. I love you all very much! 

Love, Hermana Conrow   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena