Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Going To Jail



WHAT A WEEK!


Transfers are here- I am being sent to the Historic Liberty Jail to serve with Sister Graff in the Shoal Creek Valley ward! I AM SO EXCITED! I get to end my mission at Liberty Jail, which according to the Prophet, is the 2nd most sacred place to visit. How cool is that?! I feel so blessed and so privileged to be serving there. The Lord loves me a whole lot! As exciting as it is to be going to Liberty, I will miss Independence 3rd and my dear companion Sister Caudel- we've been through thick and thin, she and I, and I will forever be indebted to her for all that she has done for me this past transfer. I cannot believe that my time has come to an end at the Visitor's Center. I have so many wonderful memories and experiences from serving there. It has changed my life, and lifelong friends have been made there.

In all honesty, so many things have happened this last week but I don't have lots of time to write so I will just share with you what I feel I have learned. That is:

FULLY SUBMITTING OURSELVES TO THE LORD. I know that when we do this, we can feel true freedom and our desires increase. There's just something about giving all we have to our Heavenly Father, even things we think we do not have the power to give. I promise you that there is always more to give over to Him and when we humble ourselves and let go of our pride- that is when He can bless us and show us what He has in store for us. Many people keep reminding me that I only have 3 months left, and instead of being frustrated by it, it really just makes me want to work that much harder. Time is precious as a missionary and there is no point in wasting it, because when we do, all we feel is remorse. How often do we get to wear the Savior's name on our shoulder and represent Him? Very seldom in this life. I love my Savior, and my Heavenly Father. I have gained such a deep and abiding testimony of the power of prayer on my mission. There have been times when I've prayed and heard nothing, and times when I've prayed and instantly I receive my answer. I love Him and I know He loves me. How grateful I am for my Heavenly relationships.










This is Christ's church here upon the earth, and It is true. I will never deny that.
I love you all!





Love, Hermana Conrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena