Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Don't worry, be happy! :)


Everyone! I love you!  
I love all the letters that I receive, and it's nice to know that people are reading the blog. I really don't have much time today, so I'm just going to keep it short, sweet, and to the point. 
 I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. It is the greatest thing in this entire world. I have seriously never been happier in my life and I would urge everyone to go on a mission if they are able to. I just can't even explain the happiness you feel from serving your Heavenly Father. This older gentleman came into the VC the other day and he was Jewish but he just LOVED the Mormons and everything about us. Haha, he went on and on about he he'd been to salt lake, and Palmyra, and how he loved all of the people. He said, "I don't think I've ever seen a Mormon who wasn't happy and smiling, are y'all taking drugs or something?!" Haha I just started laughing and thought it probably looks like, but then I said, "Nope, we're just really happy people because we know who our Heavenly Father is, that He loves us, and that we are apart of His true gospel. He has a plan for us!" It was so great. I love meeting people at the VC. You get your share of the coolest people around the world.  

Anywho- our area is doing well, just really trying to build up trust with our members in our ward and let them know we love them and want to serve them in anyway that we can. The other day we were out in our area just trying to contact people on our ward roster and we pulled up to this members house and outside was this man, and so we started talking to him. He isn' t a member, but he's friends with the member who we were going to see.. Long story short, his mom was inside and then came outside with the member and all his kids and we all got talking about the church. By the end of our hour long conversation, this guy, who was outside, and his mom, just loved us, and loved what we had to say, and just loved that we were so happy. This guy then told us that he would love to come to church, and we have an appointment with him today. And, he's super excited!!!! Ahhhh, I love it. I can't wait to get to know him and his mom a little better. They are just the most down to earth people and just so sweet and kind. I love meeting people like that, who are just so receptive to you and to the light of Christ.  

Something I'm really learning this week, as you can tell from my stories, is how important it is to just smile and be happy regardless of what's going on in your life. People are drawn to happiness, so if your are happy they will be drawn to you, which in turn, draws them to the Gospel, because it is the gospel of Jesus Christ that makes me happy. I love you all, be happy, delight in His glorious gospel!

Thank you for your letters, and your kind words of love and support. I cannot tell you how much it means to me! I wanna give a shout out to the the Carlyle's from Texas who are wonderful writers! Sharon, you are just the biggest sweetheart, and I loved the picture you sent me from the VC. I promise I will write you back as soon as possible. Everyone- you're the greatest! This is His work, and we are apart of it :)  

Love, Sister Conrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena