Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Believe In Miracles!

Happy Birthday to my dearest, sweetest, funnest sister Ashlee, today. She is turning into quite the old timer. Haha jk, jk Ash. I love your guts!!

So.. This week was awesome, a little slow, but awesome!

First off, I went on exchanges and had the best experience! We went out into an area called Blue Springs and it is absolutely beautiful! It reminds me of home, there's just all this country side and green trees, and beautiful homes. It's really nice. I loved it. But before we headed out there, my comp and I went to try to contact an investigator of hers that kind of dropped off the planet.. Well she's a deaf girl and so when she answered the door, I started signing to her and immediately she warmed up to us and we were able to go inside. I don't know how I did it, but from my 2 years of sign in high school I was able to understand pretty much everything she was signing and was able to translate it for my temp companion I signed to her (it was not so great) but we were able to understand where she was at, and what her concerns were, and set up another time to meet with her. She was the biggest sweet heart and just so patient with me and my sign. Ahhh, it was just the coolest experience for me. My heart is just so close to the deaf culture. I love it. I hope to be able to have more experiences like that. My comp told me that her and her other comp had such a hard time teaching her because they had to do it by writing back and forth to each other and so by me being there, I was able to get a lot more in, in a shorter amount of time. I know it was all thanks to my Heavenly Father. He was the one who brought all of those signs to my remembrance and helped me with my own signing. Ha, I love it! The church is true!

Second miracle that happened the other night. My Aussie sister and I were temp exchanges and it was the last hour before we had to be home, so we decided we were just going to walk the streets and find a miracle. Well we drove around and finally came to a street and pulled over. It was dark, and a little creepy, but we felt like it was where we needed to be. When we got out we just started walking, and knocking on the closest doors. We had a few rejections, but kept going.. Eventually we got down one street and all of the sudden I just had this really dark feeling, and felt like we needed to go back to the car, so we did. Well, at this point, I was feeling a little bummed because I couldn't understand why I had that feeling. Well, a few seconds later, as we were sitting in the car, I saw this younger guy walking down the street towards our car. So, Sister Kavea and I got out and approached the guy. Turns out he's in college and has been searching for a church. We were able to teach him all about the Restoration of the Gospel and the importance of the Book of Mormon and invited him to some activities and church on Sunday, which he said he'd love to come. IT WAS THE COOLEST EXPERIENCE EVER. I know that the Lord put him in our path, and that I had that feeling to go back to the car for a reason because if we hadn't of done so, we never would have met this kid. Ha, if that doesn't tell you that the church is true, then I don't know what will!

Another cool experience- the cutest couple from Hooper, UT came into the Visitors Center the other day. Turns out we had some mutual friends in common and spent a good amount of time on the tour. The spirit was so powerful and I just felt like I really connected to these people. By the end of the tour, I didn't want them to leave. I felt like I had known them for years. Poor Brother Roberts wanted to give me a hug at the end of the tour, haha but as missionaries we're not allowed to do so. Ha I felt so bad because I really wanted to hug him, I felt like he was my own dad, but I must obey haha, I know he understood. That's one thing I really love about serving at the Visitors Center- you just get so close to some of your tours and you really do build lifetime friendships in just a short one hour visit. It's amazing how the spirit can cultivate such strong feelings in such short amounts of time. Ah, I love this gospel. It's so great. 

Well everyone, I best be going. I love you all. I love this Gospel, and I'm so grateful to be apart of such a marvelous work and a wonder! The church is true.
Love, Sister Conrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena