Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Spiritual Feast!!

GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think I need to say anything else in this email, except for that. Hope you all have an awesome week!!!
Hahahaha, jk, jk... but seriously. General conference was the greatest spiritual feast I have ever had. I loved it, and I couldn't get enough of it. I just loved how bold all of the speakers were and how powerfully they testified of the Book of Mormon. I loved the comment with one of the general authorities that said, "If God had prophets in the Old Testament, and He is the same yesterday, today, and forever, why wouldn't He have a prophet here on the Earth today?" Haha, it makes sense. The Gospel of Jesus Christ makes perfect sense. All that we, as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints believe in is what Christ established when he was here personally upon the Earth. God loves us, and He will never confuse us or lead us astray so he has placed a prophet on the Earth to lead and guide his children today. And that was manifested to me even more so as I listened to the prophet, Thomas S. Monson, this past weekend. I just love him! He is a man called of God.           
 https://lds.org/youth/video/prayer-and-inspiration?lang=eng
Man, I could just go on and on about how much I loved General Conference, but I simply don't have enough time for that. Anyways, miracles have been popping out of the seams left and right this past week. The Lord has placed his mercies upon my companion and I. We were able to contact this man who belongs to the Catholic faith, taught him about the Book of Mormon on his doorstep, and about the Restored Gospel and his eyes just lit up and he said, "All of this just makes sense..." It was then, when he said that, that I knew the Lord had been preparing him to hear about his true Gospel here on the Earth today. Anyone who has a relationship with Heavenly Father and studies his word, will know that this church has the fulness, and that the doctrines we teach make sense because they are the true doctrines of God. I am so grateful for all those who have helped prepare people to hear about the words of our Savior. 
Anywho- I've had a lot more exciting things go on, but I am running out of time. Something I've been thinking about this past week though is how important prayer is, and what a powerful role it can play in our lives if we allow it to. Heavenly Father is real, He is in Heaven above, and He wants to hear from us. If we have faith in Him, and earnestly pray to Him and tell him exactly how we're feeling, or what's going on in our lives, He will answer us according to our faith. J. Devn Cornish of the Seventy made this comment in his talk, that "we must pray, and then live our prayer." Ha I loved that. So simply put. He said, "prayer is the passport to peace." If we want peace, we pray, if we want answers, we pray, and then we go to work. Faith without works is dead. Anyway, I'm just rambling now.
But I want all of you to know this- A mission is hard, in fact, it's REALLY hard, but my life would be so much harder without it. I know that Christ lives, I know that Thomas S. Monson is His living prophet today, and I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers, and I know He can do the same for you. I love all of you so much. I truly am so grateful for the challenges and trials the Lord has given me. I'm grateful that He loves me enough to allow me to struggle and stretch so I can grow into who He needs me to be. I love this Gospel. The church is true! If you have doubts, all you have to do is ASK! 
Love, Sister Conrow :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena