Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Keep on keepin' on...

Sorry everyone, this week is unfortunately going to be a short one!

My companion and I have been pretty sick this week, so it hasn't been too much fun. Haha. As a missionary you really don't have time to be sick.
Things are going well though. I'm getting really excited for the Holidays. I know it's going to  be a blast as a missionary. Lots and lots of service opportunities!

Some of my thoughts this week are- how grateful I am to my dear, sweet mother who taught me how to love, serve, and work. There is no way I would be able to do what I do if I hadn't of been taught that. I'm grateful that the Lord has allowed me to be here and to be constantly learning and growing and becoming a better person.

Today my companion and I were able to teach this way cool guy at the laundromat. We taught him about the prophet Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. It was crazy because prior to him approaching us, I had just been reading a past conference talk that explained why the Book of Mormon is true and how it testifies of the things that are already written in the Bible. So because of that, I was able to explain to this man (who is very attached to the Bible) just all that the Book of Mormon had to offer him. It was really neat. He said that Elders had actually talked to him before and he went and grabbed his Book of Mormon. Ha it was so neat to see that the Lord has already been working on his heart. 

Ah, I know I say this every week, but I seriously love, love, love my mission. I just don't know how I will ever be able to go home come a year from yesterday. Time is just slipping through my hands and I don't like it. However, it's teaching me that I really need to make every minute count and love even the hardest of times. I love this gospel, and I know it is true. How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who is so patient with me, despite my many weaknesses. I love all of you and am grateful for your letters (Jess and Whit- you're the greatest!) This is God's work!

Love, Sister Conrow :)  
Me and Sister Blackham

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena