Tuesday, February 21, 2012

There Is Sunshine In My Soul Today! :)


So my time is almost up here at the computer center so here is a quote that has put some things in perspective for me over this past week-

"Heavenly Father seeks those who do not allow the trivial to hinder them from the eternal." -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I know that is so true! This work I am doing, is an eternal work. I went to a Dr. appointment last week, and the doctor asked, "Is there anything that you've been stressing about lately?" And I said, "Yes, being a missionary can sometimes be stressful work." And then he said, "Well, what do you have to be so stressed about?!" Haha, how do you explain to someone who has never served a mission the stress (as good as it is) that comes from being a missionary? I wanted to shout- "Only stressing over helping others gain and understand the importance of having eternal life, that's all!" Thank goodness I have a Heavenly Father who knows exactly how I am feeling and can help relieve me from the stress the comes in caring for the flock. But not only that, thank goodness that I feel the stress and great importance it is to spread His message of the Restoration. I hope we all have that kind of stress and realize the call our Heavenly Father has given us to gather His children.
There is a talk that I would like all of you to read who are reading this blog right now, and who are thinking about serving a mission, or who have served a mission. 

What a blessing it is to be a participant, and not just a spectator, in this everlasting work of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope all of you turn in prayer to your Father in Heaven, and study his scriptures diligently. I know that if we want answers, we must go to Him and His words that He has given us. There is another quote I read this morning that I really liked concerning this:

"It is contrary to the economy of heaven for the Lord to repeat to each of us individually what He has already revealed to us collectively. The scriptures contain the words of Christ. They are the voice of the Lord. Studying the scriptures trains us to hear the Lord’s voice." - David M. McConkie

How true that is. The Book of Mormon is my best friend. It is my guide and strength to the trials of this life. 1 Nephi 2:16- Read it. The Lord is there, use Him.

I love all of you, and I love what I am doing. It is a privilege and an honor to serve my Master, Jesus Christ.

Love, Hermana Conrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena