Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wove, twue wove!


Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Here is a quote that sums up how I feel about V-Day-

"Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

I am so grateful for this quote because I tend to make a lot of mistakes. Ha ha, I am definitely not perfect, even though I thought that as a missionary I would all of the sudden become this perfect person and do everything right, I don't! Ha ha- I don't know what made me think that!

This week has been full of love for me. The other day, we met Denise- the sweetest lady ever who has had more trials, death, and hardships in her life than I could believe. She was a referral from her brother who has been an active member of the church for over 40 years, and Denise has never joined. We talked to her for a very long time and taught about how the gospel can truly bless and change her life and fill the emptiness she has in her heart. Even though the lesson we taught wasn't anything out of the norm, my heart was filled with gratitude to my Heavenly Father. I had been praying all week that Sister Stoker and I could just get into 1 home and teach 1 lesson. That's all I wanted, because I was starting to forget what it felt like to teach and to fully feel the spirit testify as I spoke. Well, my brothers and sisters, Heavenly Father heard my plea and granted me that sweet lesson with her. Ah, I was just so happy. 

Opening up an area, being double transferred in, working with Elders, and learning Spanish is hard, in fact, really hard. I've never felt so frustrated on my mission. But at the same time- I've never seen the Lord's hand so abundantly in my work. It's amazing what He will do for us, when we are willing to do for Him. I know I am being refined and that I am where I am supposed to be for a reason. Sister Edwards (who we live with) came home from church yesterday in tears and couldn't stop thanking us. I was so confused, I had no idea what we had done to deserve such tears and admiration. Ha ha. Finally she said, "Do you sisters realize how much you do? Do you realize that you are meant to be here?!" Sister Stoker and I just kind of looked at each other and shrugged and said, "What did we do?" Ha ha, S. Edwards said, "Today, at church, one of my very good friends who has been less active for years and years came to church today!" I said, "Well that's so awesome, but what do we have to do with that, we've only been here for a month." She said, "You sisters went and visited their house the other day, talked to her husband (who, by the way, didn't seem to excited about us being there) and her daughter, who was listening in the other room, called her mom and told her sisters were here!" She went on to say how because we showed up, her friend thought about church and came. I honestly couldn't believe it when she told us that. Miracles do happen, according to our faith- often when we least expect, or ask for them. 

Well everyone, the church is still true. Jesus is still the Christ, and this is still His work. I love it. Every minute of it. Good or bad. I hope you all have a lovey dovey mushy gooshy valentines day. Ha ha love you all!

Love, Hermana Conrow :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena