Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Holy Cow!

Hey, hey, hey!

So....What the heck- I cannot believe I've already been out here for 6 weeks and it's time to be transferred. I have no idea where I'll go, I won't know til tonight so the nerves are acting up. I have a feeling that I'll stay here in Independence with my companion Sister Loo. I hope so. I love it here, it's great, but if the Lord wants me to be somewhere else, than I'm totally cool with that. I won't lie, I could use a little break from the Visitors Center though. Haha. I know, I know, I'm horrible.

Saturday we were blessed to have another baptism. Ahhh it was just the greatest. Her name is Gloria and she is seriously just a rockstar. She's such a huge example to me. So full of strength and power. She's been through so much, but has still sought out the church on her own. She is the first in her family to be baptized a member. They weren't too thrilled with her decision and Satan really threw her for a loop, but she stood firm to what she knew was true and did it anyways. Her whole family actually ended up showing to the baptism. I was soooo glad because I knew that really helped her a lot and showed her that even though they weren't happy with her decision, they still loved her.

This Gospel is just the best. Serving a mission has the greatest rewards. You get to see someone completely change their life around for the better and become full of light. Sunday our recent convert, Derek, came up to my companion and I and said, "I just want to thank you girls. You have no idea how much you have changed me. I have never been this kind of person before. Normally, I would never be so involved in a church, or be so happy, but I know it was because of you girls that I am who I am today." It was just the coolest, I loved it, but I kept thinking to myself, it wasn't us Derek, it was all the Lord and you. Derek allowed the Lord to soften his heart and let Him shine his light through him. Man, we can all be like Derek if we'll just humble our stubborn selves. The Lord can shape us into He needs us to be if we'll just let him. It's super hard, believe me, I'm learning this right now, but I promise you it's worth it.

It's a good thing I'm on a mission because I am truly finding out how much learning and growing I have to do. I can't imagine not having this mission to help me become better. The Spirit truly does teach you humility, love, compassion, PATIENCE (my biggest weakness), and really helps you build a firmer testimony in our Savior Jesus Christ. I LOVE MY MISSION. I am just so so so grateful to be here, to teach and to help others come unto Christ. If I haven't said it enough, I'll say it again- this is Christ's one and only true church here on the Earth today. It provides the fulness and allows us to return back to our Heavenly Father. Man, I could go on all day. I love it, I love it, I love it. I can't wait for the next adventure, or the next transfer. You just never know who the Lord will put in your path.

Love your guts everyone!

Love, Sister Conrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena